How do?

1. In version 2.x I save my reports inside my DB (Interbase) in a blob field, I load them with TfrReport.LoadFromBlob. Where's that method in version 3?? How can I do this??

2. In version 2.x I put a Dialog page in my report, a IBXQuery and controls for the parameters, buttons, edit, datetime, labels... in IBXQuery.DatabaseName I can select a TIBDatabase placed in other form or datamodule of my application.
i.e. mainform has a TfrReport and uses mydatamodule, mydatamodule has a TIBDatabase and onCreate connect with my application. In the reports with IBQuery that I design from the TfrReport at mainform could see as DatabaseName: mydatamodule.mytibdatabase

In version 3.x in the designer I only can see TIBDatabase that I place in the report and not others... I shoud put a TIBDatabase in every report?? multiple connections to db (mdi applications)???

In my applications the TIBDatabase.DatabaseName (mydatamodule) can change and the reports should attack the db selected in mydatamodule.tibdatabase.databasename... how can I solve this?

3. The components PrintTable and PrintGrid???

Thanks, and sorry again my low level in english (I hope you understand me)...

Comments

• edited 7:26AM
    1. Use TfrxReport.LoadFromStream method. There is db-related methods in FR3 because it is completely DB-independent.

2. Set the TfrxIBXComponents.DefaultDatabase to your application database. Now all TfrxIBXQuery/Table will use it.

3. There is no such components, see the demos\printtable, printgrid demos.
  • edited 7:26AM

1. OK... BlobField.SaveToStream; frxReport.LoadFromStream; frxReport.ShowReport... no problem.

2. OK... I didn't have seen that property in frxIBXComponents. It works fine!

3. mmm ;) pain...

Other difference...

In version 2.x I can merge RxLib with FastReport (I prefer DateEdit to DatePicker) modifing fr.inc but in version 3 I can't, there is nothing to uncomment (i can teechart 7...) will be able to modify ?

Other possible bug:

New Report, Add dialog page, Add frxIBDatabase to dialog page, Add frxIBQuery to dialog page, assign frxIBQuery.Database to frxIBDatabase, select frxIBDatabase and press Del key to delete the control: I get: Access Violation 'rtl70.bpl' and is necessary close delphi and reopen to work fine again but report designer become black (View -> Options and change colors).
    The same occurs with frxADODatabase and frxADOQuery and with frxDBXDatabase and frxDBXQuery (with BDE no).
    If you don't connect the query with database the component is deleted correctly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.