XE3 load application errors

edited September 2013 in FastReport 4.0
For the first time I'm developing a new application from scratch using heavily fastreport on Delphi XE3!
I used fastreport in the past several times but only with Delphi 7.
I find myself facing on a strange problem, every time I load my project, I have to delete the object TFrxDesigner and reinsert it again, otherwise by entering in the design page (from IDE), the script page (Code Tab) can not be activated (if I click CODE I see the DATA page)!
Sometimes happens that, always in the process of loading the application project from IDE, Delphi shown an error that tells me that the system is not able to find the object TfrxCrossObject, which instead is quietly present as an icon on the form (I ignore the message and I can compile the application fine), or it says that a form refers to an object frxReport1 that does not exist, while even in this case the object frxReport1 is normally present on that form (in this case I must delete the report object and I must reinsert it)!
I can't understand these errors depend on what, I also tried to reinstall FastReport but nothing changes! Both XE3 and FastReport (professional version) are updated to the latest version!
Can anyone give me some explanation?

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 5:17AM
    did you uninstall the xe version that came with xe3 before installing your pro version.
  • edited 5:17AM
    gordk wrote: »
    did you uninstall the xe version that came with xe3 before installing your pro version.

Yes! Really I never installed the XE3 version of fastreport!
    check your ide to make sure your search paths are correct andnon of the fr component packages are unchecked.
    check your ide to make sure your search paths are correct andnon of the fr component packages are unchecked.

Seems all ok thaks!
    I have only one doubt, what is the correct way to install FastReport for two different versions of Delphi (D7 and Radstudio XE3) on the same PC?
    I simply installed the two executables supplied for D7 and XE3!
    "I simply installed the two executables supplied for D7 and XE3!" THATS YOUR PROBLEM

do the install the the for xe3
    when that is done open fr's recompiler and select the bde engine for d7 and then select recompile all packages.
    "I simply installed the two executables supplied for D7 and XE3!" THATS YOUR PROBLEM

do the install the the for xe3
    when that is done open fr's recompiler and select the bde engine for d7 and then select recompile all packages.

Ok thanks a lot for the suggestion, however, it is not an easy procedure, if I had to work with 4/5 different Delphi versions I should install 14 package by hand every time (and repeat the procedure for every update)!
    One last question, the "fastreport professional" installation procedure installs FastScript also, then the stand alone file of FastScript have to be installed or not?
    For now in doubt, I never installed it, but actually I do not know if there is something different or what!

thanks
    Lorenzo

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.