Halt between pages when printing from preview

Hi,

I have a 2-page report for an ID card printer. The report doesn't show firstpage and secondpage alternatively for each record as I thought it would. If the table contains three records, thee firstpages are previewed after one another and there is only one second page at the end. I want them to print as firstpage, then secondpage, then newrecord firstpage etc..... I have played with Report.Collate on/off but to no avail. How do I get it to print both the report's two pages before jumping to the next record?

Also when I want to actually print the report FROM the preview to the printer I need to do a Showmessage both before printing firstpage and second page (To insert new card in printer and then to turn the card). How do I do that? The page's OnBeforePrint event fires when the report is rendered to preview, but I need the same event when it actually goes to the printer. How do I do that?

Thanks a lot for help on these issues.

best regards

Tor

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited September 2013
    When using a multi designpage report
    you need to connect the tfrxreport component to a dataset that will control the number of times the report is printed, this cannot be the same dataset that is connected to the masterdataband.
    usually it would be a query that contains fields that can be used as paramaters for the masterdata of the other pages.
    However this will not help your situation as these events are handeled during the preparation of the report
    not from the preview.
    what you may need to do is run 2 separate reports one for each page and use dialogs at the delphi level.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.