Force newpage on field change w/o using groups

edited September 2013 in FastReport 4.0
Hi,

I have a table with lots of student data, where student records from a class can cover several pages. Hence I display the class name and details on the page header above the list of class members so I get this information on top of each page. If I used a Group then the classname would only be at the class' first page.

On my MasterData band's OnBeforePrint event I want to check if the field ClassID has changed value. In that case I want to force a Engine.NewPage. How do I code this test (and also avoiding having a blank first page of the report)..

Thanks for help on this.

regards Tor

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 3:46PM
    tor change your thinking just a bit
    put them in the group header
    set the group header to reprint on newpage, this will give you a header on each page with the correct info
    and set its start newpage prop to true. i am assuming the group condition is classid.
  • edited 3:46PM
    Thanks a lot. I did not dream of that there was aReprint on Newpage property :-|

Now it works great!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.