FastReport.NET 2013.3.6 is incompatible with SqlDataSource

When I place a Devart datasource component on the same page as a FastReport, the code won't compile. For example the components will work, but once you add code to the datasource selecting event the code won't compile in Visual Studio 2010. Simple code such as the following placed on the OnSelecting event of the datasource:

e.Command.Parameters("@week";).Value = Request.QueryString("week")

The code is correct and will work on much older versions of FastReport. I also know it is not problem with the Devart dotconnect component since it uses SqlDataSource which is the base class for the MySqlDataSource component. Code also doesn???t work in other events; I only used this one event as an example.

I know this is a stretch, but other than the FastReport team addressing and fixing the incompatibility issue, are there any suggested workarounds?

Thank you for any creative suggestions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.