Printer Name

Hello,

I found a problem in some old Fr2 reports.
One customer started to use a new version of Citrix Metaframe (XenApp) and changed the politics in your environment. One of these changes was to start to use a random ID for your network devices, this ID sometimes has more than 68 characters. After they did that, all reports in Fr2 stoped to work, showing the error: "Printer selected is not valid".

I tryed some tests in my office and, changing local printer names, I saw that the error always occurs when printer name exceeded 68 characters.

I searched in fr sources trying to find where this limit was seted but I found nothing.

Someone may tell me if this limitation really exists, and if there are a way to workaround it?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.