Intraweb/Thread safety

edited 11:03AM in FastReport 3.0
Is FR 3 thread safe? I would like to use FR in a Intraweb build application but I understood that at least FR 2.5 is not thread safe.

regards,
Martin

Comments

• edited 11:03AM
    FR3.0 is thread-safe.
    AlexTZ wrote:
    FR3.0 is thread-safe.
    But if I read the comments correctly in the newsgroups it is impossible to use it in products as kbmmw, I guess that would mean Intraweb also?

regards,
    Martin
  • edited September 2004
    I don't familiar with kbmmw. FR3.0 is working in multi-threaded web server - see our server demo at fastreports.net/server
    kbm & fr 3.x is the disccussion on the kbmmw forum.

regards,
    Martin
    I've readed the topic. To work with FR3 in multi-threaded environment, you should:
    - use one instance of TfrxReport per thread.
    - if you use export filters, you should create a separate instance of each filter per thread also.
    - set the TfrxReport.EngineOptions.ReportThread property to thread that run this report.
    - preferable to use end-user data components like TfrxADOComponents, so each report can have its internal datasets. By the way, such internal datasets can have the same username.
    How to use Fast report 3.0 in an Intraweb application , Concretely ?

Thanks a lot

Best regards
    I have read in the fast report 3 FAQ :

3.8 What use FR in multithread program?

Before start the report need set: TfrxReport.EngineOptions.ReportThread
    := thread, in which is started FR and TfrxReport.EngineOptions.SilentMode :=
    True;

"thread" is a TThread instance , It must be created ? How ? have you got
    a sample ?

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.