Positioning text objects

edited May 2013 in FastReport 4.0
I have a report that places text on a pre-printed form. Different suppliers of the form place things in slightly different positions so I have saved the top & left properties of each memo object to an iniFile that the user can edit to suit their suppliers forms and I read these values whenever the print is called.

All is working but I am concerned about the values in the iniFile. 1cm is stored as 37.7953 which I note is the number of pixels if you assume 96pixels per inch. Do I need to be concerned about running this on computers set to different PPI values or those using large fonts or accessibility options in Windows? or is the 96 value hard coded in FastReports regardless of the computer setting?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.