Hourglass cursor while waiting for long report to build a preview?

hsmhsm
edited 6:47AM in FastReport .NET
There must be a simple solution to providing the user with a 'please wait' indication, given how long some reports will take to build before a preview is available.
How is it done?

In delphi, if I write
screen.Cursor := crHourglass;
 frxReport1.ShowReport(true);
 screen.Cursor := crDefault;
then nothing seems to happen as I believe the report immediately re-sets the cursor to a hand shape, so that's what you see hovering over a blank page while the report is building all its pages.

Are there events I can use that detect the start of the report loading its data and the end of the last page being built so I can show an hourglass to the user during the creation of a long report? And if so, how do you refer to the screen cursor inside the code page of the report?

I did ask this a long time ago but never had any replies.

(I don't want to modify the FDefaultCursor value in the source code of frxPreview.pas as some of my reports manipulate that for other reasons. Besides, I only want the hourglass up to the point when the last page has been built )

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.