File Name in FastReport designer

edited 12:27AM in FastReport 4.0
If I load a report from a stream from a database, is there a way to change the report name at the top of the designer without saving it to disk first? I've tried using this "frxPROLetter.Report.ReportOptions.Name" but it does not change at the top of the designer form.

Thanks
Wayne

Comments

• Mark ElderMark Elder SD, USA
    edited 12:27AM
    In the Embedded Designer demo they cast the "Designer" to a Form class. If you do that you should have direct access to the caption. You may have problems with some other code in the designer changing it after you set it. But you should be able to do something like this:

uses frxDesgn;

var
    Designer: TfrxDesignerForm;
    begin
    Designer := TfrxDesignerForm(frxReport.Designer);
    Designer.Caption := 'My Caption';
  • edited 12:27AM
    Hello,

I'm trying to get started with my first Fast Report Projects. I'm having trouble finding documentation that answers "what" and "why" type questions. For example I have been looking at the DoublePass property in the help files trying to figure out if I should set it for my reports.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:27AM
    double pass is used primarily in cases where you want data that would be
    displayed in a footer displayed in a header.
    see the main demo dialogs and script totals in group header report.
    or where you gather data on the first pass to be used in the second pass.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.