2.5 to 3.0 migration path

Hi, any documentation about the better (and less painful) path for migration? I've read in this forum about using 2.5 and save reports in the new format, and then rename the components using the new prefix, but what about my Delphi programs? How to procede?
Thanks

Comments

• edited 8:52PM
    You have to use latest FR2.53 (fully upgraded, not only fr_class.pas!) to save in compoatible FR3 format.
    To convert your application to FR3, you have to manually recreate TfrxReport and TfrxDBDataSet components. Since FR2.x and FR3 can co-exists in the same application, this process may be gradual.
  • edited 8:52PM
    Hi friends,
    I save old report to fr3 format, and when I open it in FR3(4) editor I find all bands and all text objects but empty . It is true, I mean emty text objects?

Thanks Jan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.