Newbie problem with C/S

Why doesn't this work:

var ADODatabase1 : TfrxADODatabase;

ADODatabase1 := frxReportClient1.FindObject('ADODatabase1') as TfrxADODatabase;

I'm trying to find the object 'ADODatabase1' so I can access it's databasename property and send it ConnectionString. This works fine with clasic output, what's the problem with client/server. It simply acts like it didn't find it???

P.S. I also would like some example of adding user function on report in the client-server environment.

Thanks in advance any help.

Josko

Comments

• edited 5:43PM
    ReportClient just sends the request to a server and receives the server output. There is no report components inside ReportClient - everything is on the server.
    The same with user function: the only way is to add it to the report's script.
  • edited November 2006
    First, thanks for the reply to my question.

Is there any example with C/S?

Using Delphi 7, FR 3.20.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.