Is this possible? Columns in Grouped Report

Hi, I've searched around and have picked up a few hints, but nothing concrete on how to approach this problem. I have some data that is separated based on transaction type. So I use the group header to pull them from my query. However I want to be able to place them in columns side-by-side. For example, 1 entity can can have 2 types of transactions, credit and debit. The groupby condition is set to transaction type. I want to be able to put the credit transactions beside the debit transactions, instead of one after the other.

Is it possible? I thought of the master-detail relationship but this can get slow when to row count gets high. Plus some of the data is recieved via stored procedures and I sometimes have no control over how it is given to me.

Thanks,

Johann.

Comments

• edited 4:01PM
    Try split your report to subreports.
  • Yes thanks, this is putting me on the right track I am able to get both beside each other now, however, how do I set the group header condition to only display each type? Currently I am leaning toward the visible is a condition is true in the onbeforeprint event handler. Can this be done in the group header like this?

Thanks,

Johann.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.