info on page footer

hello, i have a problem with page footer on fast report 2.5.

I have prepared a invoice report and I have added a Page footer.

The problem is that when I set the property OnLast Page to TRUE on every page the page footer canvas appear empty but I would like it to not be visible at all.

How can I display the footer just on the last page having the footer canvas disappearing having this space available for additional items in the invoice.

Looking forward to your answers,

thank you in advance,

giucar

Comments

• edited 1:59PM
    Hi,

First, I don't think it can be done.

Second, TBH, why complicate your life? If someone is using pre-printed forms and the invoice requires 2 pages then everybody accepts that the space for the page footer on the first page cannot be used for anything. Why should it be different when using FR?

Maybe it is possible to write some code which can produce what you want but I am certain that no end-user will be able to understand it, because it would have to involve some look ahead and probably a three-pass report, something that just isn't available.
    My philosopy is to design reports which the end-user can understand and modify if necessary.

IMO, it is just not worth the effort and future pain to do something like that.

Peter
    Technisoft

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.