ChildBand in SubReport

renerene Prague, Czech Republic, Europe
edited June 2004 in FastReport 2.xx VCL
Hi,
I have some problem when using Child Band in SubReport (my post with no reply yet in yahoo groups is here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fastreport/message/8631).

Problem can be reproduced e.g. by placing master and child with subreport on page1 and master and child on subreport (page2). If data is such type, that master (from subreport) is last one on page, it's child is not printed.

Thanks for any idea,
Rene

Using: FR v2.51
Keywords: Subreport, Childband, child, band

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 6:43PM
    Hi Rene
    try adding a small master footer to the subreport or an appropriate footer or child to the band which contains subrep object.
    BTW Pierre and I are closing the yahoo group on or after June 30 2004
    better to keep things between fr forums and fr newsgroups
    ;)
  • renerene Prague, Czech Republic, Europe
    edited 6:43PM
    Hi Gord,

thanks for quick reply. Because I wasn't sure if I catch your idea, I had tried several additional footers and childs (in both pages), but sad to say with no effect.

Small workaround wich I'm temporarily using is replacing Child band with DetailData band linked to Virtual Dataset over one record.

Rene

Small preview illustrating my problem:
    fr_childband_problem.png
  • edited 6:43PM
    Hi,
    I've got the same problem. I've got some subreports, and in this subreport is a masterdata, detaildata und subtdetail. On the masterdata and subdetail is a child-band. If the masterdate or the detaildata is located at the end of the page, the child-band would not be printed.

Footers and headers don't help...

If I change the child-band into a detail-band, than the report doesn't print the right data. Some fields will be shown twice, if the detail (former child-band) is printed.

thanks for any further ideas

Emeraldfrog

Using: FR v2.51

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.