Grouping report without details?

How to control report building to hide detail items on master data band and show only subtotals on group footers and totals on report summary bands?

Exist any other and more intelligent solution than calculating sums for groups into arrays and in final pass hiding databand and showing array items???

UT.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:11AM
    turn mdb visible property to false
    use extended syntax of sum funtion in memos in footers and summary band
    [sum([tablename."Fieldname"],bandname,1)]
    bandname is bandname of mdband as shown in frs object inspector.
    the ,1 param allows summing non visible values.
    of course you could always look at the main reports demo to see how it is done.
    regards ;)
  • edited May 2006
    I??m doing that, but when I do the operations in memo on MasterData and i set property visible to false in the band, throws an "Invalid variant type conversion"

memo have text like this
      if [DialogForm.qryAcumPendXPay."STATUS"] = '1'
      then
        if [DialogForm.qryAcumPendXPay."DUEDATE"] <= [vFrNowDate]
        then totalOutDated := [DialogForm.qryAcumPendXPay."TOTAL"]
        else totalOutDated := 0;

I put the Group Header Band to group totals per Customer
    then put a MasterData Band
    then i put a Group Footer Band to subtotals of each customer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.