Troubles with FR 3.20

edited December 2005 in FastReport 3.0
First trouble:

Form with FR component, saved in... 3.17?...

Can't be opened in 3.20 (I got exception):
Found trouble point: Older versions saved FastReport.PrintOptions.Printer as translated text, actual version failed to load this property.
Edit: This doesn't work after recompile... ;)

Second trouble:
Registering own methods doesnt work...

Old code:
fsGlobalUnit.AddedBy := Self;
	with fsGlobalUnit do
	begin
  OnGetUnit := GetFastScriptUnit;
  { z??kladn?­ funkce }
  AddMethod('function ....
This code IS executed, but Reports doens't know new added methods...

Comments

• detlefdetlef Germany
    edited 7:33AM
    I have the same trouble with registering own methods. With Version 3.19 it works fine. ;)
  • edited 7:33AM
    Try so:
    frxReport1.Script.Parent :=fsGlobalUnit;
    frxReport1.ShowReport();

This works... But I still have trouble with AV at 0486737a in module frx7.bpl: Read of address 00000010.

Another trouble (also in older FR versions):
    ADODataSet.EOF doens't work well, it duplicates last row (dataset is active, eof is false, dataset.next, dataset is active, eof is true - but line is same).
    EOF should be true on last row, not AFTER lastrow.next...
      if DataSet.RecNo = DataSet.RecordCount-1  then
      ShowMessage('EOF');

• detlefdetlef Germany
    edited 7:33AM
    Problem: Own Methods

My own functions are running on the report is showing, but they doesn???t showing in the list of functions at the designer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.