subreport bug?

Hi, I hope someone can help with this one as I'm new to fastreports.

We are using delphi 3 and fastreport 2.2 ( got that looking within the fastreport delphi source)

We have a report which has a masterdetail section that contains a single subreport and no other items.

If the number of detail records within the subreport is too large the report creates a new page and prints the remaining of the subreport details within it ( normally).

The problem occurs intermittently but can be made worse by reducing the physical size of the materdetail section. What occurs is this

If the subreport spans a new page ( lots of detail records), then the details are written for the correct master. Sometimes, however, the details of the next master are also written out.

I thought initailly it was a priniting error, but the fact I can make it occur more often by reducing the size of the masterdetail section and it appears in preview.

The detail items are within the sub report and the master items are within the Page header and Page footer. The report has it's master records limited to a range of 10 .

shaun

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:11AM
    hi Shaun
    IIRC
    add a detail band set to virtual 1 record
    place subrep in detail band.
    ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.