Printing.

edited 11:37AM in FreeReport
Can someone tel me how to find out if my report was printed? I need to empty a table after this.

Comments

• edited 11:37AM
    No way.

The printer can be switched - off, broken, etc.
    It is impossible not only in FreeReport, but also in FastReport.
    could you more specific with your problem?

"Can someone tell me how to find out if my report was printed?"

if you use db for storing data, u could using global variable that stored on that db.
    if not, u can saving on registry or file.

--

beside that, i think this good feature to add event OnBefore/AfterPrinting, OnBefore/AfterPreview or something like that.
    isn't it?
    mandarin wrote:
    Can someone tel me how to find out if my report was printed? I need to empty a table after this.
    What about using a smart dialog? I saw it in BS/1, the system prompts the user to "mark" an invoice as printed after launching the report asking the user if the report came out ok or no.

IOW:
    "Did the report print ok?" If they say yes, you empty the tables else not.
    dmarquez34 wrote:
    dmarquez34 wrote:
    What about using a smart dialog? I saw it in BS/1, the system prompts the user to "mark" an invoice as printed after launching the report asking the user if the report came out ok or no.

IOW:
    "Did the report print ok?" If they say yes, you empty the tables else not.
    what about inserting some codes to modify your data after calling showreport ?
    [ although showreport not always do printing the reports.. ;) ]

i think this is a nice feature to be added at FR2.3.4.

so far i need testers and of course, developers to continue developing FreeReport.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.