Application Main Icon is "FR"

After upgading from FR 3.15 to 3.18 every application that uses FastReport is showing the FR icon in Explorer. I've tried reloading the app's icon (Delphi 7 by the way), adding it to the main form, deleting the app's .res file. The proper icon is in the exe file, but it's in second place while the FR icon is first and therefore is used by Windows.

I seem to remember this exact problem from years ago with Delphi 4 and FastReport 2 but I can't find it again in the archives. I really need to get this fixed fast so any help at all is appreciated. Thanks.

TimB

Comments

• dschuchdschuch Dresden,Germany
    edited September 2005
    In Delphi try

Project->Options->
    Tab Application->
    Icon.

I think there is the mistake. You do not see the icon of your Mainform in the explorer, you see the application-icon which is set there.

Daniel
  • edited 6:15PM
    Thanks, but I already tried that - that's what I meant when I said I tried reloading the app's icon.

I've "fixed" the problem by adding a new .res file with a copy of the application icon named "AMAINICON". Since the icons get sorted alphabetically this forces it to be the first icon in the exe file.

I suspect that somewhere in the FastReport resources is an icon name that gets sorted before MAINICON. Or possibly it's just the same MAINICON and Delphi for some reason decided to change the order when FR 3.18 was installed.

I'd still prefer to fix this properly if anyone else has any better ideas, but at least I can keep going now.

TimB
  • detlefdetlef Germany
    edited 6:15PM
    I have the same problem with version 3.18.4. The version 3.18 working fin.

Detlef.
  • edited 6:15PM
    me too...>_<|||

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.