Printing to POS receipt printer

Can anyone point me in the right direction for printing with native fonts in a receipt printer. Using Windows fonts slows printing down considerably.

It's a Posiflex PP7000II (compatible with Epson TM-T88II) if that makes any difference...?

Thanks!

Comments

• FRNLFRNL Hoogeveen - Netherlands
    edited September 2005
    If I am correct, the native fonts of you POS printer are in the list of fonts that is visible in the reportdesigner. Or are they not?

For the Epson they are. I know the issue and can confirm that changing the font will speed up printing.
  • edited 7:43AM
    No, they aren't listed unfortunately.

I know what you mean because I get them listed with a Zebra barcode printer that I use, but nothing is listed for the Posiflex...

Would you mind telling me the names of some of the fonts... I have found that just typing in a font name, even if it isn't listed, works sometimes, and this printer is supposed to be compatible with Epson.

Thanks!
  • edited October 2005
    radicool wrote:
    Would you mind telling me the names of some of the fonts...
    You can just use Wordpad and see what fonts are listed there. If you still don't seem them listed go to the Page Setup dialog and just press the OK button, that should re-list the fonts. Hope that helps ;)

I'm also going to evaluate the Fast Report package (w/BCB6) soon because at the moment my method of printing is line by line using TPrinter's Textout function, that can be a bit of a pain to maintain for really complex reports/printouts. It's speedy alright when using the built in fonts.

If you can please let me know how the test goes I would really apprecaite it.

Thanks ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.