FR 3.16 Update Problem

I just finally updated to 3.16 (I believe the last version I was using was 3.12 or so).

Any how, I add variables to my TfrxReport object as such in my C++ code:

Report->Script->Variables["bShowMasterNotes"] = true;

From within the Fast Report fr3 file, I access it as such:

procedure MasterNotesChildBandOnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
begin
with MasterNotesChildBand, Engine do
begin
Visible := ((<AccessoryMasterTable_."Notes"> <> '') AND (<bShowMasterNotes> = True));
end
end;

~~

The <bShowMasterNotes> reference in the script causes an Invalid Variant Operation.

How do I fix this?

Regards,

Shane

Comments

• edited 3:34AM
    Anybody from FR home?

Two of my applications are now BROKEN again because of the recent upgrade.

Regards,

Shane
    Is there any way to get a copy of version 3.12 again since there seems to be no support for version 3.16?

I am getting a lot of complaints from customers.

Regards,

Shane
    If no one can recommend a fix for Fast-Report, can anyone recommend a report writer that works with C Builder that comes with support?

Regards,

Shane
  • dschuchdschuch Dresden,Germany
    edited 3:34AM
    Hi Shane,

the problem seems to be a incompatibility within fr316 because they changed the <> Variable - Tags to old [] behavoir (fr25). So you have to change all your scripts
    from

<MyVar>:=<MyVar>+1;
    to
    [MyVar]:=[MyVar]+1;

I also went back to a earlier version because its immpossible for our team to change all customer - reports. I hope fr will fix this in the next release but got no awnser till now.

Daniel
    Thanks.

I was able to get a copy of my backup of version 3.12 from our server and I have reinstalled it for now (my primary business is in New Orleans so I am very busy now and don't have time either to fix several hundred reports).

Best Regards,

Shane
    This bug fixed in FastReport 3.17 (today release).
    Michael,

Thanks - I am downloading FR 3.17 from my car now as my partner and I drive to New Orleans to check out our office.

I will try it later tonight / tomorrow with my hobby program Drivers Log.

Best Regards,

Shane
    And answer from Alexander Tzyganenko for all such cases:
    ---
    you should use [] or <> (what you want - both are equals) for:
    - dataset/field: <ds1."fld1"> or [ds1."fld1"]
    - system variables: <Page> or [Page]
    - variables supplied by TfrxReport.OnGetValue event: <myVar> or [myVar]
    - report variables defined in the Report|Variables menu, or passed by
    TfrxReport.Variables := ... : <myReportVar> or [myReportVar]

all other things such as script variables (defined in a script, or passed by
    TfrxReport.Script.Variables := ..), functions, methods, objects -
    should be acessed without [] or <>.
    ---

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.