How to alter the look of data

edited 4:37PM in FastReport 3.0
I use FR 3.15 and C++ Builder 5.0.

I am really mad that OnGetValue is no longer called. I have to take numbers and convert them to time format (like 322.12 displays as 5:22.12). This used to be easy with 2.5x, but now I cannot get this to work properly. I tried writing a C++ Script, but the examples DO NOT EXIST (in C++), and I want to have access to all of the functions I have already written, not being forced to use the few functions that are available in the scripts.

Why was OnGetValue changed ? You should NEVER remove functionality with an upgrade. I think I am going to ask for a refund on my 3.x purchase.

Since OnGetValue still exists - how do I call it ? I read that it is only called for unknown variables. How do I create an unknown variable so I can fudge this to work ?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Comments

• edited 4:37PM
    Well, i have fr 3.14 and the OnGetValue is there and working quite well.... What`s exactly your problem?
  • edited 4:37PM
    I put a breakpoint in OnGetValue, and I run my report, and the breakpoint never gets hit. 3.12 didn't work either.

Are you telling me that OnGetValue works in your 3.14 just like it worked with 2.5x ?

Thanks for writing!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.