FastScript vs TMSScripterStudio

edited 10:06PM in FastScript
If anyone have opinion on this, please help me choose a scripting engine.

I will appriciate if you give me some arguments too. Speed comparison, price, support, buggs etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited August 2004
    Best thing to do is download both and do a small part of what you hope to achieve with it.

NB: Fastscript are not interested in developing their editor control, at all, ever again. Do not even ask about it. This makes TMS a more "complete" package in my mind, but again it depends on what you need. TMS have updated their editor control twice since I purchased Fastscript, as well as the scripting component itself. That being said, I do not like TMS editor control (and there is no dbaware Fastscript editor either).

TMS also seem to devote time to updating and improving all their products, with a steady flow of product improvements. Fastscript is by Fastreport: Fastreport seems to get almost if not all the update/improvement energy - nowhere do you find "wish list" or "coming improvements" for Fastscript. Fastscript feels more like an after-thought to me, although I could be wrong, but little more than bug fixes seem to be done recently.

Hope this helps.
  • edited 10:06PM
    TMS Script is no a very 'true' implementation of Object Pascal.

My big dislike with TMS is no declaration for parameter types or return types. (leaves you guessing what type to pass )

I prefer FastScript.
    I have used three scripter(fsat script,TMS scripter and remobjects scripter). i think fast script is the best.the resons are as follow:
    -fast script is fast,and have more language to use.
    -remobjects just have one language(pascal),and it is too slow
    -i don't like TMS scripter's language style

but fast script should be improved in some aspects:
    -it hasn't a import tool
    -it hasn't record type(remobjeects has)
    -it don't suport multimension array(array of array of)
    -fastscript's help files is too simple
    Well, I don't know FastScript but I know ScripterStudio enought to say something about it.

- It came with a IDE, which allows us to debug the program. The editor shows watches, breakpoints, highlighting editor... But, the bad thing is it is too slow. It must be improved its performance. After some minutes using the editor, I lost my pacient... I must say too that the memoeditor has some bugs too, like it doesn't show sometimes the lines in commentary;
    - It allows too use libraries (like uses);
    - It came with many examples to help construct new scripts with it;
    - It doesn't have a record type either;
    - It has a import tool;

Lately, I discover a bug about using try..except and try..finally. I don't know exactly when it happen, but I expended a lot of time try to correct one of my scripts.. Actually, I was thinking to test FastScript and compare it with ScripterStudio, bug the fact it doesn't have a import tool counts a lot againt Fastscript.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.