Conversion from FR 2.53

edited 11:04PM in FastReport 3.0
Hello,

I'm evaluating Fr 3. Therefore I tried to convert reports from version 2.53 to 3.0 using the SaveToFR3File function in version 2.53.

1) First of all I would appreciate a function ???SaveToFR3Stream??? because our reports are stored in a database and we normally never access the user???s hard disk directly.

2) More importantly I would appreciate a function ???LoadFromFR2Stream??? in FR3, so that there would be no need to have both versions of Fastreport in our applications after migrating to Fr3.

3) I???m experiencing various problems with the converted reports. All bitmaps are missing, formatting is imprecise and font sizes have been changed. In addition I get numerous exceptions concerning invalid names of objects. These names had been given automatically by the designer of FR2 in the german version. For example ???Seitenfu????? which means page footer. I understand that the ???????? in not a valid character in a XML-file. But I am not sure that our customers are willing to understand that too.
We do not have the chance to manually convert all the reports in our customer databases and therefore a clean update of the existing reports is very important.

Is there any hope that these issues will be addressed in a later version of FR3?

Comments

• edited 11:04PM
    If need all bitmaps, formatting and font sizes of 2.x get ready in FR3, you can use Fr2x-Fr3xConverter. This utility can download from FR site.

In think the problem not come from FR3 but the SaveTo (streaming) feature in FR2. From 3.0 many improvements FR Team doing until 3.11 version. As like as other development team, it is not a good choice to improve FR2 SaveTo feature but better to make a feature to convert to FR3.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.