Image Transparency

How do I make an image transparent? The formats available are rather limiting (bmp, jpg,ico,wmf,emf). Wmf/emf images appear to be vector formats, which only vector based graphics program seem to recognize. Photoshop (6.0 at least) can't open/save them in any case. bmp and jpg don't have transparency available, although in borland's ide at least I can have it use one of the corner pixels as the transparent color.

This just leaves the ico format, which is inconvenient at the very least, seeing as how I need a special editor just to use the format. Using different resolutions is also very difficult with this format as very few icon editors even support this.

So is there some way to specify the transparent color for a bmp? Otherwise fastreports really needs to support an easily usable format that allows transparency. Preferrably png and/or gif.

Comments

• edited 1:42AM
    FR can't print trasparent images.
  • edited 1:42AM
    AlexTZ wrote:
    FR can't print trasparent images.
    Well it can with the .ico file. It's what I'm using currently. But like I was saying earlier, this is a annoying file format to use given its lack of support in most graphic programs. Wmf/emf might possibly work transparently, but I don't have any program that can save to that format.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.