frVariables - gone with the wind?

Hi,

is there a way to get some "frVariables-functionality" in FR3? I'd simply like to set some variables from within the Delphi-code before running the preview. This worked fine with 2.5 but due to some changes frVariables seems to be unknown in V3?

Kind regards

Mark

Comments

• edited 6:58AM
    ... well, I found out that

Report.Variables.AddVariable('Basisdaten','Adresse','HALLO');

should work.

But when adding a text-object containing '[Adresse]' in it, FR3 says "Unknown Identifier 'HALLO'" - well - it seems FR3 was able to get the value of "Adresse" but then tries for some stupid reason to get the value of "HALLO", too.

Is FR3 buggy at this point? How can one simply transport a value from within the delphi app into FR??? I could probably fill a data-table with the values needed or write a user defined function - but I simply can't believe that it shouldn't be possible to transfer date between the app and FR in a more simple way...

Kind regards

Mark
    Finally - FR3 expects Strings to be put into single quotes.

But that leads to FR3 being not able to handle #10#13... and the documentation only says it should not contain these chars. It doesn't say anything about how to handle these chars in another way... well I'll open a new Thread for this "feature" in FR3.

Kind regards,

Mark
    Please read the programmer manual, about using script variables (via TfrxReport.Script.AddVariable).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.