Printing a 'tick' on a form

Hi

My report has some boxes that need to be 'ticked' depending on the contents of a record. I'm not sure how do to this?

Do I choose a char set that supports a 'tick' and store that, will it then print as a tick?

Thanks for any pointers

Pete

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 5:28AM
    Hi Pete
    you could use a checkbox object and set its checked prop to true or false
    or use a memo and the wingding font, use an if expression to decide if the memo shows check or '', this way you can control sizing and frame size thickness
    ;)
  • edited 5:28AM
    Hiya

I did as you suggested; made the database store 'Y' or 'N', and then used a richtext object with the expression:

if([query1."ass1edn"]='Y','√','x')

where the '√' was wingdings font that looked like a better tick!

However, when i first run the project and viewed the report I got errors showing a couple of odd charactors and saying about it not being a valid floating point number, and now I just get a report showing the word 'if'. I'm not sure exactly what I did that caused the error to go ;)

I tried [if([query1."ass1edn"]='Y','√','x')] too

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks for your help
    Pete
    Sorry I had a space after the 'if' ;) the expression works now.

except......

Now instead of the the wingdings tick I get a latin u? hmmmmm
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 5:28AM
    try using the alt+keycode in the string check windows charmap to get correct keycode.
    Hiya

Thanks for the help ;) I also found that if i format the whole expression as wingdings, rather than just the tick that worked too!

Cheers
    Pete

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.