documentation

Hi, cannot find online nor PDF the Properties description of each Component...

Many tutorials but no info about comp's properties, nor F1 help embedded in Delphi, as one could expect...

Comments

• yes, already searched there,

but no trace of TFrxReport.IniFile property description which I am looking for,

nor any component's Event...

• I was looking for the same ...

Thank you Paul and also to Prila

• Hi! I totally get your frustration with the lack of documentation on component properties. Unfortunately, it's not always well-documented, which can be annoying. You might want to check the help files in Delphi or look into the FastReport community where users share their experiences.Additionally, checking forums and discussion groups can be beneficial since you often find usage examples that help understand their properties. Sometimes the best info comes from other users who faced similar issues.

https://remontowanie.waw.pl

• NGANGA
    edited October 8

I think @ "https://www.fast-report.com/public_download/docs/FRVCL/online/en/index.html" there is enough.

I usually look into sources to find what looking for, and also to improve my coding ability.

Since I am NOT an experienced developer, I usually spend time looking at sources when AVBL.

About inifile (System.IniFiles), as far as I can see, it looks like to be a good container to store/exchange data btwn app and report objs or to save some info.

But maybe I am wrong.

• Ok that examples and how-to are important, but after Components documentation,

at least for a commercial library explicitly marked as "VCL".

A real VCL commercial library should have not only full components documentation (properties, events and methods),

but in Delphi also a contextual help via F1 in the Object inspector or form designer.

Sorry but I cannot spend time looking around for essential informations or hope in the forums help...

It's so strange the lack of such docs, that I suspect the vcl version is no more really maintained.

• It is a point of view. And it is yours.

All the best.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.