FR equivalent for QR AddPrintable?

I am converting Quick Reports Delphi code to use Fast Reports, but I cannot find a substitute for the AddPrintable method. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Comments

• Set object's Visibility property to [vsPrint]

• That's a great answer if the object already exists, but I'm calling AddPrintable to add a printable object that doesn't already exist.

I think the correct answer is InsertComponent, but I'm still testing that theory. So this Quick Reports line:

TextCont:=TQRLabel(QRSubDetail1.AddPrintable(TQRLabel));

becomes, for Fast Reports:

TextCont := TfrxMemoView.Create(TextCont);

GenericReport.GRrpt.Detail1.InsertComponent(TextCont);

The Quick Reports code uses ControlCount and Controls[] to access the objects, while Fast Reports uses ComponentCount and Components to do the same thing. Interestingly, Fast Reports does use ControlCount and Controls[] in its ReportPage objects, but not in its Band objects.

I found none of this in Fast Reports documentation. I spent hours comparing Quick Reports and Fast Reports source code to come up with it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.