Argument Out of Range exporting to PDF from Preview

Hi,

I'm using VS2002 with VB Net. I have a report master-detail with 2 pages. The report is perfectly with following code:

Report.Load(RutaTemporal)

' Set connection string

Report.Dictionary.Connections(0).ConnectionString = DAL.CnSQL

DSCabecera = Report.GetDataSource("TblCabecera")

DSDetalle = Report.GetDataSource("TblDetalle")

DSCabecera.Enabled = True

DSDetalle.Enabled = True

Report.Prepare()

Report.ShowPrepared()

The report is correctly shown, with the 2 pages expected.

In the "Preview", I select "Save --> Adobe Acrobat" and I select a file in the "Download" folder. When I accept, I get following message:

FastReport .NET v2023.2.17

El índice estaba fuera del intervalo. Debe ser un valor no negativo e inferior al tamaño de la colección.

Nombre del parámetro: index

en System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

en System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value)

en FastReport.Export.Pdf.PDFExport.WriteFont(ExportTTFFont pdfFont)

en FastReport.Export.Pdf.PDFExport.AddPDFFooter()

en FastReport.Export.Pdf.PDFExport.Finish()

en FastReport.Export.ExportBase.Export(Report report, Stream stream)

en FastReport.Export.ExportBase.Export(Report report, String fileName)

en FastReport.Export.ExportBase.Export(Report report, List`1 pages)

en FastReport.Preview.PreviewControl.Export_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Furthermore, I can see on top "Exporting page 1 of 2".

I've checked in the Report and I didn't see anything unusual (obviously it shoud be, but I don't see). Any idea about how to proceed?

Best regards,

Venancio Lasquibar

Comments

• Hi,

I found the reason. In one of the datasets used, some rows had "NULL" values for some columns,although that values weren't shown in the report.

I've modified the dataset to coalesce the NULL values, and the error disappeared.

Best regards,

• edited January 10

I uncovered the rationale. Although the report did not display the values, one of the datasets included rows with "NULL" values for certain columns.

After merging the NULL values in the dataset, the error went away

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.