StartNewPage not working in some instances

My contracts report consists of the following bands:

page header

header

master data

child

footer

The contract number is part of the page header, and when that changes, I need to print a summary from the child band and skip to a new page. The problem is that even though I set child.StartNewPage := True, Fast Report does not skip to a new page.

It seems that every band has a StartNewPage; would one work better than another? Perhaps I should try the StartNewPage in page header?

I began this project with the child being a report summary (TfrxReportSummary), but I changed it because the band didn't "wake up" when it should. I set PrintChildIfInvisible := True on the master data band, and when I set masterData.visible := False, it does "wake up". Might a report summary do a better job of paging, though?

The header and footer separate subcategories within a contract, but they don't page and haven't caused any problems.

Comments

• Report.Engine.NewPage got me past this particular problem. Thanks Fast Reports people!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.