tfrxAdoDatabase not found

I've just installed the FastReport trial for Delphi for a potential evaluation. The version is 2023.2.5. After installation, I tried with a simple `tfrxReport`. When the `tfrxReport` is empty, everything goes well, and the execution is carried out. But when I add an `AdoDatabase` to the report, I get a strange error: 'tfrxAdoDatabase not found.' I've searched but haven't found a solution. Maybe someone has had the same issue, any ideas are welcome.

Comments

• I am using Delphi 10.4.2

• G'day,

First questions: When you installed the Trial were you given any options to choose from? Did the installation process add the frxADO2?.bpl and frxADO2?.dcp Files to the "LibD2?x64\" and "LibD2?\" sub-directories of the Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReport VCL *\"? In your case the wildcard will probably be "7" for Delphi 10.x (we have Delphi 11.x).

We have an App that provides Reports on an ADO Database and it works without direct reference to TfrxADOdatabase. The core of this is a Unit from which all of the other Report Units descend. It comprises:

• TADOQuery Component ("QueryResults") which links to the App's Database Declaration (in another Unit)
    • TDataSource Component ("QueryResultsDS") which links to QueryResults
    • TfrxDBDataset Component ("frxDBDataset") which links to QueryResultsDS
    • TfrxReport Component ("Report")

There are fifty or so Reports in the App, and many of them rely on "Report" linking to "QueryResults" directly, but some go via "QueryResultsDS".

I hope this helps...

Cheers, Paul

• Thanks for the reponse.

In my case the wildcard for Delphi 10.4 is 5 not 7.

is there any samples for testing ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.