divide preview in pdfs

Hello,

i have a huge report (400-500 pages) with accouting to different customers (1-3 pages per customer).

I produce this report with a single query and export the complete preview to pdf or to printer.

Now I need the exported PDF per customer. Is it possible to divide the complete preview to seperate pdfs and export them to a directory?

Best regards

Wolfgang

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited July 2022

G'day Wolfgang,

I don't know any way to split the PDF "post" generation in FastReport. We use NitroPro for merge/split operations on PDF Files we create with FR and other sources.

Is it not possible to amend your App to run the reporting process inside a Query that returns the Customer ID, with the inner Query selecting in turn Customers from the outer Query?

That seems a "cleaner" more maintainable approach...

Tschüss, Paul

• Hello Paul,

thanks for the idea, that would be my fallback. I'm afraid that this will take much longer to create, but I guess I have no other choice.

Tschüss :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.