Disable "Virtual Space" in Code editor?

edited December 2021 in FastReport 4.0

Is there a way to disable the cursor from going beyond the end of lines?

This is a common option in many editors, but it's the first time that i see this as default.

I don't use it normally so it drives me crazy. It's very much clashing with my editing- reflexes.

I am using FR 2021.0.6 (or, FR 4.6 by the Help-Window Title). It is part of an ERP Software.

(Sorry, i placed this in the wrong fourm... seems i can^t move/delete it.)

Comments

• Is there a way to disable the cursor from going beyond the end of lines?

Can you describe what you mean more detally?

• Still annoyed by this.

What i mean is:

Most editors will move the cursor to the end of the line, if you click somewhere behind the end of the line.

But the fastreport Code editor is different: If you click behind the end of a line, the cursor will be at that exact position. It basically enters a lot of spaces for you. First i thought this was a bug, but some googling told me, it's a feature, that is sometimes referred to as "virtual space".

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.