How to migrate best

Hi,

what's the best way to migrate my apps from 2.5.1 to 3.06?

1) Can I install both 2.5.1 and 3.0.6 without getting them causing problems?

2) If not - does this mean that I'd have to mifrate all reports within all apps using FR in order to be able to compile new versions of them after installing FR3? Okay - I could deactivate the different packages - but this would still mean that I'd have to convert a project completely, wouldn't it?

3) Are there any tools availiable in order to convert frf-files from version 2 into version 3?

Kind regards,

Mark

Comments

• edited 1:19AM
    No one? Has no one moved to FR 3, yet?
  • dschuchdschuch Dresden,Germany
    edited 1:19AM
    Hi,

in FR25 you can save the Reports in fr3 - format.
    I have installed both packages in my App : fr25 and fr3.

In my Print - procedure I do

fr25.LoadFromBlobField
    fr25.SaveAsFr3
    fr3.LoadFromSaveStream
    fr3.StartDesigner

(look for the right procedure - names!)

So I can convert all the reports created in fr25.
    Notice that you have to modidify the converted reports. Conversion fr25->fr3 will not work without some manual corrections!

Daniel

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.