TfrxReport or TfrxDBDataset malfunction

First of all: Using RadStudio C++ 11 and FastReport 2021_3_1

I have designed a report with two datasets and two MasterData objects on it.

I want to print only the first dataset, or the second or both depending on my needs.

With TfrxDBDataset->OpenDatasource = false in both TfrxDBDataset, I try to control what to show activating one or both datasources they point to. But...

The first time I execute the whole application all goes well and, Activating the second dataset/datasource, only the information about the second dataset/datasource is shown. nevertheless, Deactivating this second dataset/datasource and activating the first one... oops: both datasets/datasource are shown and never mind what dataset/datasource you activate, even deactivating both dataset/datasource, the report always shows the information on both datasets/datasource. of course the same occurs if in the first run, you activate the first dataset/datasource, it shows well until the second report execution when all information is shown.

Only when you terminate the program and execute again a new instance, the report does well only for the first time it is invoked.

it seems that TfrxDBDataset->OpenDatasource is always ignored, except the first time.

Any idea?

Comments

• Create small demo project based on standard components and FRDemo database and send it to support@fast-report.com

• Thanks for your comment.

I send a little project in delphi, based on the UserDatasetDemo although my project is written in C++, but the behaviour is very similar.

I need the report to show only the MasterData values with the DataSet attached to it when the dataset is active but it seems that the report object activate both datasets no matter if they are active or not when it is called.

Thanks for your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.