Recompile works in FR FMX2 despite failure message

I have made a 1-byte change in FMX.frxDesgn.pas to expand the report's LargeDesignHeight setting from 5 pages to 8 pages, as I see is the default in the .NET edition of Fast Reports. This permits me to create the needed report without compromise or a work-around.

The app opens fine in Delphi 10.3.3 and compiles as expected, and the output I see in the Preview is as expected, including the new, expanded page height in the Report Designer in the Delphi IDE.

When I use the Recompile utility, I have encountered this error message:

Cannot open file "C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReport FMX 2 Professional\LibD26\FMXfrx26.bpl". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Then when I first attempted to open the app in the IDE, I received this message:

Error creating form: Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReport FMX 2 Professional\LibD26\dclFMXfrxTee26.bpl.

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

However, after I uninstalled FR FMX2 a second time, and then installed it again, and then recompiled again and received the message about FRXfmx26.bpl again, everything works as desired.

Should we always just ignore the message about FMXfrx26.bpl?

Is there a more straightforward process to just recompile FMX.frxDesgn.pas and its dependencies?

Is there some other way I should achieve the change I made?

Comments

• edited February 2021

I have been informed by a helpful person on chat here on this site, that one must remove BPL files that the recompile utility needs to create.

Apparently, it cannot delete them even though the recompile utility is unable do that for itself or does delete them but still reports an error. I simply had to delete them and confirm that action by electing to operate as administrator.

These are the two files that I deleted and were recreated by the recompile process:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FMXfrx26.bpl

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FMXfrxe26.bpl

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.