Can't Add (or view) the Designer Control in a Form in the Forms Designer.

I was using a trial (unlicensed) version of Fastreports for the last few weeks and I was able to drag the desing control into a form in the VS forms designer and also able to reopen that form in the designer to play with things.

Everything was great.

Then I bought a copy and downloaded the latest version, 2021.1.14 I think. That messed up my app so I could no longer open the form that contained designer control in the VS forms designer. Note I could run fine and the form and reporting designing were perfect.

so I tried to create a brand now, bare-bones project and put the designer in the form there. still no luck.

So I then installed the alst stable version 2021.1.0.. Same problem in both projects.

The error I am getting is the infamous NullReferenceException saying an refernece was NULL. It ultimately points to the VS designer code (i.e. the form.designer.cs code, the word "designer" is taking on too many meanings right now) that is trying to add the designer control to the form's list of controls failing.

In the past its seemed like this problem was caused by DLL versioning errors (Or dumb mistakes on my part in the control's constructor). But I have gone to pretty great lengths to ensure that its using the right DLLs.

o

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.