Making a dashboard system using Fastreports

edited January 2021 in FastReport VCL

I am trying to make my own VCL Dashboard for a project of mine.

There isn't many VCL options that I can find that do what I want and make it easy on the

customers to actually expand on it and do their own thing.

I added some expansion to the scripting to let me run a simple report and with the report script

generate and populate A TADVStringGrid from TMS. ( WIll also save off flat files too if need be )

Works pretty decent. Need some more things to do but it is a start.

What is nice is some gadgets/widgets whatever you want to call them, the customers want a GRID

view of the data. Now, they can ( in theory if ever finish this ) make a Fast Report with whatever

query work they want, and then use my added in calls to do the dumping of data back to the main

programs grid assigned for that report engine instance.

Next I am trying to use the Preview to show reports. In this case, I want to show a TeeChart as finally got that figured out and working. This way if they need a pretty chart to represent their data, well. Can show that nicely in A preview object.

I have some problems still with this as the preview isn't "full screen" like. Got the box itself the preview is in

and the dark area outside of it. Like to some way make it take up the whole box.

I have "preparePage" when you resize the work area so that is a bit slow. Not sure of any other way.

I can't find a super great way to set the reports paperWidth / paperHeight to fit the TPanel that I

have the preview in perfectly. Not sure if doable?

Can't figure a way to hide the deal in the top right of the chart view to lets you hide the chart/series.

Like that to be just gone if possible.

It would be kinda cool of FastReports actually made a full fledge dashboard/gadget/widget system to implement something like this out of the box. Being able to use the report engine and designer to do the heavy lifting of alot of things. Just a nice configurable Dashboard Designer and tweaks away on having something possibly pretty nice that seems very limited to Delphi users.

Video @ Dashboard Attempt with Fast Reports / TMS String Grid / TeeChart - YouTube

Please ignore the general UI. Its hard coded, and ugly. Just there as A mock up of things.

Main concern is the FastReports filling in the grid and doing the preview.

Comments

• Basically has anyone done something like this?

Anything out there to see and/or use?

Any ideas how to deal with some of the preview UI deals I can't figure out...

• To bad this forum is dead :(

• I have some problems still with this as the preview isn't "full screen" like. Got the box itself the preview is in

and the dark area outside of it. Like to some way make it take up the whole box.

Try to use standard FR's preview (without TfrxPreview)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.