FR for Lazarus: Master-Detail does not work in FR using TfrxDBDataset

FR for Lazarus lacks components to access data of FIrebird DB, so when converting FR reports from Delphi to Lazarus I use TfrxDBDataSet component linked with TIBQuery component instead of components from the Delphi FastReport Data tab palette. Many reports are of Master-Detail  type, so I tried to use two TIBQuery components linked by Master-Detai relation and link them to FR report through TfrxDBDataSet components. Db grids on the form show that Master-Detai relation works, but FR report shows only first row from master and rows linked with this first row for Detail.

Comments

• Do you use OnAfterScroll event in the master query to refresh detail query?

• Matter was a simple one. I used in report the same datasets (Master and Detail) as for grids on the form. And before executing reports I used procedure DisableControls for both datasets to avoid redrawing the grids during report execution. And so I desabled datasources associated with corresponding datasets. Problem has two solutions: 1) not using DisableControls procedure (not pretty); 2) use for connecting frxDBDatasets with IBX datasets names of dataset instead of datasources:

object frxMas: TfrxDBDataset

UserName = 'Mas'

CloseDataSource = False

DataSet = fdsMas

BCDToCurrency = False

Left = 412

Top = 363

end

object frxDet: TfrxDBDataset

UserName = 'Det'

CloseDataSource = False

DataSet = fdsDet

BCDToCurrency = False

Left = 549

Top = 372

end

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.