Fast Report Generator 3.0 suggestions

;)
I am satisfied with FR 2.51, we would plan to use in our project soon.

However, I find some not friendly that the report generator grouping in report need end-user changing SQL Statement code <ORDER BY>.
Not every end user familiar with low-level SQL statement to change grouping in report

End-user only familiar with user interface.
would ver 3.0 supports internal sort and group report automaticlly ?

Therefore, end-user only know to drag and drop datafield and grouping (only need play with the graphic inteferace instead of coding), report will sort and group itself perfectly.

OR any other suggestion for our team to work as above in the current version.

Please help : )

Thanks
Markmark

Comments

• edited November 2003
    I use a form to let the user select what info he needs to report.
    To display the data i have created a Table that uses macro's (Like RXtools).

The table is for uses of IBX but maby it is also working for others.
  • edited 12:11AM
    Changing beween formulars and values in the designer (like in List & Label).
    This would greatly improve the design-phase.
    As we also already bought the component with code i could write our own designer but with new version i would have to re-integrate all changes again....

-dave.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.