Assistive Technology Tagging

Does your TfrxPDFExport component support 508 Assistive Technology tagging? I do work for the VA and it's a requirement that any document created by PDF be also be able to be read by a screen reader program such as JAWS or NVDA. I do see that Adobe will attempt to do some of this on it's own, but it's not reading everything on the screen. So if there is a way to enable this feature, please reply with a code example. TIA!

Comments

• No, TfrxPDFExport doesn't have such feature

• Thanks for the confirmation, I thought as much.

• Do you have any plans on adding PDF tagging to this component? I only ask because Assistive Technology PDF tagging is a requirement for software purchased by the US Government and currently since this is not present in your component I'm having difficulty with getting my software to pass an audit.

• Since TfrxPDFExport does not contain tagging, Id like to know what exports do you have that do support tagging for 508? Are any of the exports for Fast Reports 508 compatible or could be read by assistive technology?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.