FrxReport1.Preview Causes Access Violation with fr6.7.6 and not fr6.5.15

Good Day

I found that after upgrading my installation from fr6515allent to fr676allent that everywhere in my EXISTING code where I call the preview of a report using frxReport1.ShowReport(True) or frxReport1.ShowReport it causes Access Violation Errors.

I wrote a simple sample program with just a report and a button calling the same and it does the same thing.

Anyone have this? Or am I doing something wrong. Nothing I could find on Google. I have made two private videos which are on YouTube but somehow cannot paste links here.

Please Help!

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia

Firstly, no we've not seen that and we've used almost all of the FastReport revisions from 6.5.15 to 6.7.6.

How exactly did you do the "upgrade"?

Did you rely solely on the FastReport Installer?

Did you run the Recompile.exe against all of your IDEs?

What are your target IDEs?

Cheers, Paul

---

BTW, We've found that the only safe way to move from one revision to another is to completely uninstall the old one, including deleting any traces in the file folders, Registry and menus. A toolset like IObit Uninstaller is good for that, but you can do it manually if you have the patience.

Then install. Apply any local customisations.

Then run recompilation.

That is a real chore when revisions come sometimes only a week apart, so we've written our own Uninstaller and Installation Fixer that automates the messy bits.

P

• Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with frxReport1.ShowReport from a TfrxPreview.

Which work fine in version 5.X.

I have opened a ticket ....

• I found this in V 6 after upgrading to the latest Version. Also opened ticket and solved it in the end by uninstalling completely and deleting old directories left after uninstall as well as possible registry settings. Then reinstalled latest version and it worked again!

Hope this helps you!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.