databand filter from VB.net

HI,

I have a filter on a databand that is linked to a prameter [STIAHD.INV_NUM]== ToDecimal([@INVNUM])

when the user clicks an Invoice in a datagrid on my form, i then set the parameter to the Invoice Number

and the previewcontrol displays ony that Invoice

this works well, however..... I need to display ALL the invoices, if there is no invoice selected in the datagrid

i tried

IIF([@INVNUM]=="","",[STIAHD.INV_NUM]== ToDecimal([@INVNUM]))

in the filter but that didnt work.

is it possible to add and remove the filter on the report databand from my vb.net program at runtime?

or is there a way of ignoring the filter if the parameter is "" or is nothing?

Thanks

Comments

• i figured this out, (a good nights sleep helped!) so i thought i'd come back and answer my own question.

maybe it helps someone else in future

Dim b As DataBand = report1.FindObject("Data1")

If dgvList.SelectedRows(0).Cells(1).Value.ToString = "Show All" Then

b.Filter = ""

report1.SetParameterValue("@Batch", Nothing)

Else

b.Filter = "[STIAHD.INV_NUM]== ToDecimal([@Batch])"

Dim filterValue As String = dgvList.SelectedRows(0).Cells(1).Value

report1.SetParameterValue("@Batch", filterValue)

End If

PreviewControl2.RefreshReport()

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.