Exception with message 'Memo21': Error in expression....frxDataSet :Identifier expected

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate an application using FR 5 to FR6.5 that's running in production fine for years.

reports are created in designer and saved then called from an Intraweb application.

When I activate the dataset in the designer I can preview the form just fine. But when I call it from the program utilizing the same dataset I get what appears to be a field mapping issue. (see attached screenshot)

I'm not sure how to interpret this error. Memo21 is bound to display a field in the dataset.

like this: [frxTSDataSet."TSStart"]

Any ideas about what has changed between VCL 5.0 and VCL 6.5 that I should do differently?

Regards,

Kevin

Delphi 10.3 Update 3

Windows 10 Pro

Fast Reports 6.5.1

Comments

• Create small demo project with error and send it to support@fast-report.com

• I got this problem too. Im trying to create a new report and the dataset are active, but i received the same error after execute preparereport.

Im using fast resport 6.5, delphi 10.3.3.

• I made it work doing this:

frxReport.DataSets.Add(myDataSet);

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.