Print simplex on duplex printer

Hello,

I had to print a lot of bills with each bill consits of serveral pages. The print order of the bills must not be changed.

The problem now is, that some cusomers wante the bill printed as duplex others not. So the printerdirver is set to duplex.

How can I put an empty page after each page for the customers which want simplex? Printersettings from Delphi doesn't work.

Comments

• Where can I found documentation about e.g. the functions deletepage() or addemptypage()?

• hello,

i am not sure but i dont think you can. if you select printing method in design by Dublex property of Page it is already decided if its printing dublex or simplex. if you select printing method in print dialog you cant add page after that.

regards.

• LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand
    edited February 2020

There is a thread about concatenating separately generated reports with deletepage/addemptypage (just search the forum) but if you are printing from one report, in the page header or group header which starts a new bill (and which is set to start a new page) you can check if the page number is even in the onbeforeprint handler, and if so, call engine.newpage

Below code tested hackily in the FR6 demo 2.fr3, but note that page headers and footers still display on the blank pages.

procedure GroupHeader1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);

begin

if (<page> mod 2) = 0 then engine.newpage                                                                                    

end;

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.