Can't find object DialogPage

Testing a report with a dialog page in core mvc (vs2019).

In the preview of report designer, the dialog page populated and work perfectly. However, when I integrate the report in my MVC program, error occurred with message"Can't find object DialogPage"

here below is the script in my chtml

//prepare fastreport

var rptFile = "wwwroot/reports/" + "test3.frx";

RegisteredObjects.AddConnection(typeof(MsSqlDataConnection)); //register fastreport sql connectionadapter

WebReport webReport = new WebReport();

var dbc = GetCurrentDBConnection();

webReport.Report.Load(rptFile);

webReport.Report.Dictionary.Connections[0].ConnectionString = dbc; //overwrite designer connectionstring

ViewBag.WebReport = webReport; //load report into viewbag 

Please advise,

thanks

Wilson

Comments

• In .Net Core DialogPages is not supported.

• Noted with thanks

Wilson.

• edited February 2020

Dear Mr. Anatoly

Just to clarify the dialogpages in the fastreport (.frx) are basically windows forms, thus reports (.frx) that have dialog pages can never be used in a web application whether its ASP .net mvc or ASP .net core mvc in order to be rendered.

Question

Can a fastreport report with dialogue be converted to a WebForm and the dialog to still be functionable?

Just to paraphrase the above. Can I use an frx fast report in an ASp .net web form project ?

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.