out of memory in report with an image copied in 1.000 ID-Cards

Hello,

I try to create a report for ID-Cards. Normal count are 1.000 cards per print. The picture on the card has a size of about 230kB as file. Picture is stored in a blob in a database. There is 8GB of memory available.

The report has all options that I found for reports with images to avoid out of memory-problems:

frxReport1.PreviewOptions.PictureCacheInFile:=true;

frxReport1.PreviewOptions.PagesInCache:=6;

frxReport1.EngineOptions.UseFileCache:=true;

frxReport1.EngineOptions.TempDir:=getTempDir; // actual windows temp dir

frxReport1.EngineOptions.MaxMemSize:=10000; //tried every value fom 10 to 100000

The call to  frxReport1.PrepareReport; leads to an "out of memory" exception.

I use newest FR4 - Version fr4-15-13 from 2014/07/04 for Delphi 2010.

Is there anything I do wrong in that?

Do you need any further information?

Thamks for any help.

Siegbert

Comments

• Nobody any hint?

If there is no way to prepare and print (or preview) such a report in its entirety, I will try to split it before printing. But this will lead to a lot of shown printer-dialogs for the user:

if recordcount > 100 then

for pagecount:=1 to (previously calculated count) do

begin

prepare first 10 pages

print first 10 pages --> this will show the printer dialog 10 times for a 1.000 card-report with 10 cards per page

increment pagecount

end;

Any solution for this way to work around the problem?

Any other idea for a workaround?

best regards

Siegbert

• LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand

I know it doesn't fix your memory issues, but it is possible to print without the print dialog, in FR5 I use:

MyReport.PrintOptions.ShowDialog := not NoDialogFlag;

but obviously you have to set all the desired printer properties in the report first.

• Try to test latest FR 6.5.9. If error still exists - create test project and send it to support@fast-report.com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.