Feature Request: "Start on New Column"

Fairly easy to understand: Just as Bands can be set to start on a new page, I would like the option to start on the next available column.

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited June 2019
    I don't have anything to contribute to Sam's suggestion.

But.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to create a separate Forum here, specifically for "New Feature Requests"?

As it stands worthy ideas can get swamped by more transactional postings.

It would be helpful to the FR Team to "workshop" / vote for ideas.

I've a few unactioned requests myself, that I'd gladly repost. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Cheers, Paul[/img]
  • LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand
    edited 9:11AM
    Fairly easy to understand: Just as Bands can be set to start on a new page, I would like the option to start on the next available column.
    There is an engine.NewColumn call which could be made from a band's BeforePrint event or similar, have you tried that as a workaround?
    I think I've used it but am physically away from that source code until next week so can't check right now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.